Saturday, February 28, 2009

FAQ

1. How long does it take to get the free stuff? - OR - How come my freebie hasn't arrived yet?
Well, that depends: I've gotten stuff as fast as a few days, as long as six months. It really depends on the company sending it. For the most part, stuff usually seems to arrive within 3 - 4 weeks. Look on the website giving stuff away for their shipping policy. Some will even allow us to track the shipments from their member pages. If you order something and it never arrives don't feel too bad - I've ordered a lot of free samples and then gotten nothing. Sometimes I get an e-mail that tells me that they ran out. It happens, nothing to do about it.



2. I've seen sites that want a SASE - what is that?
Self - Addressed, Stamped Envelope. You may also see "LSASE" - which is a Large SASE. Just take an envelope and address it to yourself, put the required postage on it and put it into a bigger envelope. Send the whole thing to the address from the website and they use the SASE to send your free stuff back. You may sometimes be asked to send a "Padded LSASE". Get them from a department store or the post office.


3. I saw a freebie I wanted but when I tried to get it, they were all gone.
Companies that give away free samples usually have a limited supply, given away on a first come, first serve basis, so you have to be quick to get them. I may list a freebie in the newsletter in the morning and it might be gone before i finish writing it. It really depends on how popular it is.


4. Can I get 50 or 100 items for (church/school/club/etc.)?
From most places, no. But - there are some places (mostly religious-related sites or huge, high-volume retailers) that will gladly send you a box of whatever they are giving away - if you email them and ask politely and explain why you want more than one.


If you have a question not answered here, feel free to ask it!

No comments:

Post a Comment